cfi Newsletter Hot Topics 1/2022
Cevisama Postpones the Upcoming Edition for 2023
The crisis in the ceramic industry has led Feria Valencia/ES to cancel the international ceramic and bathroom event Cevisama, which had been due to run from 13–17 June 2022, and re-schedule it to take place from 27 February–3 March 2023.
Qualicer 2022 Goes Ahead
Despite the fact that CEVISAMA has been forced to cancel its 2022 edition due to the serious energy crisis and shortages in the ceramic sector, Qualicer will keep its appointment on 20–21 June as planned.
SACMI-SAMA’s PCM Line – a Success for 20 Years
More than 200 pressure casting machines from the PCM range for tableware items have been sold around the world by SACMI-SAMA. Of these, over 50 solutions are part of the new “GREEN series”, with which the SACMI Group has remade its mark on the market over the last five years, leading the way with its focus on efficiency and energy savings.
ECerS Statement towards Ukrainian Situation
Europe is currently facing hard times with the unprovoked invasion of Ukraine by the Federation of Russia; this situation is terrible and we would like to express our heartfelt support to all Ukrainians. The European Ceramic Society – ECerS truly believes that peace and international collaboration is what should be happening now and in the future and we strongly condemn the attitude of the Russian army and its leadership.
Extrusion – Our Core Expertise and Passion
The extrusion of ceramic and related bodies is the focus of the challenges for ECT-KEMA as a solution-provider serving to benefit our customers worldwide.
· We develop and supply auger and piston extruders with diameters from 35 – 900 mm, for pressure rates up to 350 bar, as standalone machines or in extrusion lines from dosing and feeding to product handling upstream of the dryer.
· In close cooperation with research institutes and universities, we develop new processes for the extrusion of ceramic components for products like batteries, fuel cells, filters, catalytic converters as well as profiles and agglomerates.
· In our laboratory, we support our customers in the development of new products. Qualified experts and state-of-the-art equipment are available to determine “extrudability”.
The ECT-KEMA highlights at CERAMITEC:
- OPTIMA, the extruder for minimized set-up times
- Extrusion of ceramic films
- We pelletize almost anything!
- Our customer-focussed extrusion laboratory
Marcheluzzo Gets Stronger in Europe
Positive trend for Marcheluzzo S.p.A./IT also in 2021. Due to the conquest of new European and international markets and adoption of further innovative solutions, the Vicenza-based company was able to confirm its position among the leading companies in plant engineering and automation of bricks production.
Registration for Exhibitors for the Fairs GIFA, METEC, THERMPROCESS and NEWCAST in 2023 Started
The countdown is on – companies from all over the world can register for the four trade fairs GIFA, METEC, THERMPROCESS and NEWCAST. The leading international trade fairs with congress and high-calibre programme of side events for foundry technology, castings, metallurgy and thermo process technology will be held in Dusseldorf/DE from 12–16 June 2023.back to newsletter overview