Frey at ceramitec 2022
Frey & Co GmbH was founded in 1989 by the mechanical engineer Dieter Frey in Lenggries, Germany, and quickly grew into a successful company doing business internationally.
After starting out with the fabrication of customer-specific tools and adapters, high-quality and durable isostatic and uniaxial powder presses were constructed just a few years later.
Thanks to specialization in special purpose machine and plant construction beginning in 1991, our machines continued to develop over the years into individual systems with a high degree of automation. To meet the mounting challenges, we have been researching and developing new and innovative production methods in cooperation with universities and research institutions for several years, further improving the performance and efficiency of our products.
After more than 30 years of success marked by great entrepreneurial dedication, Dieter Frey handed over the management of the company to his successor Dieter Lauber effective on 1 March 2021.
The portfolio of Frey & Co GmbH includes axial powder and calibration presses, isostatic powder presses, automation solutions, as well as service and maintenance contracts.
Fields of application for our powder presses:
• Dental industry: production of implants and dental bridges made of zirconium oxide
• Medical technology: production of knee and ankle joints made of zirconium oxide or aluminium oxide
• Automobile industry: production of gear wheels, oil pump gears and clutch members made of iron powder
• Hard metal and tungsten carbide industry: production of semi-finished products for machining tools
•Technical ceramics: production of rolling elements, bushings, isolators
• PTFE: Production of nozzles, seals
• and much more!